- Dual-licensed under LGPL or CDDL, this should resolve any legal issues with packaging Cling in Android DEX/APK format.
- Support for CDI, the Workbench app is now a full Swing/CDI application with a nice MVP pattern. We still have to write a simple Cling/CDI demo app and integrate GENA and CDI eventing.
- New demo applications for Cling on Android, with source, available in the distribution and fully documented in the manual. Android platform level 15 is now required.
- Much improved stability and interoperability; code from several production applications was contributed (thanks Michael Pujos!) and we now have lenient XML parsers and processors available.
- New network transport based on Jetty 8 client and server, as any other popular HTTP client is unusable on Android.
- (The bridge and osgi modules are not ready at this time and aren't included in the alpha1 release.)
Please give this new version a thrashing and report issues on the mailinglist.